The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is the governing body for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). NDIS is a service provided to anyone eligible to receive support for a disability (see bottom of page for further explanation).
Phoenix Health & Fitness is a third party contractor, which means that we are not registered with the NDIS. Therefore, we only provide services for self-managed or plan-managed plans.
Under a self-managed plan, you are in charge of your funding. Thus, you choose what kind of supports you want to use to reach your goals. To get started with Phoenix Health & Fitness, all we need is a copy of your NDIS plan. In your initial consultation it will be determined how much funding you wish to allocate towards Exercise Physiology and together we can make a plan based on your short- and long term goals.
For this type of plan, you pay for the service provided upfront and get reimbursed by NDIS.
Under a plan-managed plan, you have a Plan Manager to help organise your supports. You still control and choose which providers to prefer to use. To get started with Phoenix Health & Fitness, a referral from the Plan Manager or the NDIS plan along with allocated funding is required.
For this type of plan, an invoice will be send directly to the Plan Manager.
Phoenix Health & Fitness work closely with Central Coast Primary Care (CCPC).
Other Plan Managers we are currently working with:
- Living Made Easy
- Lets Get Care
- Costello Consultancy
- Brighter Access
- My Plan Manager
- Bungree Aboriginal Association
- National: The NDIS is being introduced progressively across all states and territories.
- Disability: The NDIS provides support to eligible people with intellectual, physical, sensory, cognitive and psychosocial disability. Early intervention supports can also be provided for eligible people with disability or children with developmental delay.
- Insurance: The NDIS gives all Australians peace of mind if they, their child or loved one is born with or acquires a permanent and significant disability, they will get the support they need.
- Scheme: The NDIS is not a welfare system. The NDIS is designed to help people get the support they need so their skills and independence improve over time.